Hub of Hope 🔗

This is a site like CYF signposts but just for mental health support

The Hub of Hope is the UK’s leading mental health support database. It is provided by national mental health charity, Chasing the Stigma, and brings local, national, peer, community, charity, private and NHS mental health support and services together in one place for the first time.

Hub of Hope

Access to Work 🔗

Find out more about the Access to Work Scheme

Access to Work can help you get or stay in work if you have a physical or mental health condition or disability.

The support you get will depend on your needs. Through Access to Work, you can apply for:

  • a grant to help pay for practical support with your work
  • support with managing your mental health at work
  • money to pay for communication support at job interviews

You are not eligible for Access to Work support as a trainee or volunteer at Code Your Future. However, you can apply for Access to Work up to 6 weeks before you start work if you have a job offer.

Access to Work

Access Needs 🔗

Getting help with accessing learning at Code Your Future

CYF is a community grassroots organisation and we do not have our own premises, so we cannot guarantee that we can meet every possible need. We prioritise the actual needs of our trainees so please share your access need by completing this form.

We will use this data in the ways described in our Personal Circumstances Data Policy

After completing this form, a staff member may contact you to understand more about how we can support you to learn and thrive at CYF.

Access Needs

Turn 2 us 🔗

practical information and support to people facing income shocks and financial insecurity.

Learn more about specific benefits and other types of support you can get.

Turn 2 us

Directory of Services 🔗

Directory of Services & Organisations for Refugees, Asylum Seekers & Migrants

This directory of services is published each year. This directory is intended for refugees, asylum seekers, migrant communities, health and social care practitioners and agencies working with them to identify services that offer advice and support to assist refugees and asylum seekers and migrants to settle and rebuild their lives in the UK. Charity organisations and services alter regularly; some may close or reduce the services they provide, or new ones set up.

Directory of Services

Victim Support 🔗

Support for victims of crime and traumatic incidents

Victim Support is an independent charity dedicated to supporting victims of crime and traumatic incidents in England and Wales. Get in touch anytime for independent, free, and confidential advice. This is mainly aimed at people who were victims of crime but you can contact them even if nothing has been reported to the police. Victim Support are independent of the police, support is free and confidential.

Victim Support

Samaritans 🔗

How the Samaritans can help

If you’re worried about yourself or someone else, this link will tell you how you can seek non-judgmental support. The Samaritans will listen to you and help you work through what is on your mind, no matter how big or small.


Right to Remain Toolkit 🔗

A step-by-step guide to the UK asylum and immigration system

Use this guide to find out what you and your supporters can do to help strengthen your legal case. Look out for the ACTION SECTION boxes throughout the guide!

This toolkit also explains the difference between legal advice, which no one at CYF may give by law, and legal support, which we can help with. (Mainly writing letters of support.)

Right to Remain Toolkit

Accessing Tax-Free Childcare 🔗

Step by step information on Tax-Free Childcare

Check if you’re eligible for Tax-Free Childcare, how to apply and how to pay your childcare provider.

Accessing Tax-Free Childcare

Finding an Ofsted Registered Childminder 🔗

How to find childcare CYF can reimburse you for

It can be hard to find weekend childminders who are Ofsted-registered, but CYF can only reimburse Ofsted registered providers. This website sorts providers by postcode and shows a calendar of availability, so you can see who is open at the weekend and call them.

You can also make your own profile explaining your requirements and providers may apply to you.

Finding an Ofsted Registered Childminder

Safe Posture during Pregnancy 🔗

Tips for good posture during pregnancy

Here are some tips for safe posture during pregnancy. The aim is to prevent musculoskeletal problems when sat at a laptop.

Safe Posture during Pregnancy

Transport to CYF Community Events 🔗

How to claim expenses for transport through CYF

CodeYourFuture can help trainees who need financial help to attend events. Support is available for class days, community events, workshops etc.

Transport to CYF Community Events

Accessing the Internet 🔗

How to access help with internet connectivity through CYF

CodeYourFuture can help you in accessing the internet if you are a CYF trainee.

We can reimburse for your costs or in some circumstances provide a data sim.

Accessing the Internet

Laptop Loan 🔗

How to request a laptop through CYF

CodeYourFuture can loan you a laptop if you do not have one to use for our course.

This is a loan only; you should return the laptop when you get a job in tech after completing the course. If you leave the course, you need to return the laptop to CYF.

The laptop is free of charge.

After you have completed the form, you will get an email with a loan agreement to sign. Once signed, a CYF member in your region will be in touch with the next steps.

Laptop Loan

Claiming Childcare Expenses 🔗

How to claim expenses for childcare through CYF

CodeYourFuture can help trainees who have support needs.

Funding towards childcare is one of the ways we can help. Our trainee expenses policy gives more details.

Claiming Childcare Expenses

Paying for Childcare - NRPF 🔗

Support for paying for childcare for people who have no recourse to public funds.

Early education and childcare for children is funded by the UK Government for children in England. The child’s age will determine which scheme applies and whether childcare is universally available or only available to eligible children.  

Government funded early education and childcare is not classed as a public fund for immigration purposes, so can be accessed by a child regardless of their immigration status. However, some schemes have eligibility requirements relating to the immigration status of the parent(s) and so may not be available to all families.

Paying for Childcare - NRPF

Paying for Childcare 🔗

Check what help you could get with childcare costs

Use this calculator to find out how much you could get towards approved childcare, including:

  • free childcare for children aged between 2 and 4
  • help with childcare costs if your child is under 16 (or under 17 and disabled)
Paying for Childcare

Citizens Advice 🔗

Benefits, Your Rights, and the Law

Good quality, free, independent legal advice. You do not have to be a British Citizen to access Citizen’s Advice.

Citizens Advice

Homelessness Support Letter 🔗

Ask for a support letter from your regional team

if you’ve made a homeless application and the council:

  • refuse to give you emergency housing
  • ask for more information to show you’re in priority need

And you need a supporting letter, please email your regional staff team and ask them to complete and send a Homelessness Support Letter, which is in the Team Drive.

Homelessness Support Letter

NHS Talking Therapies 🔗

If you live in England and are aged 18 or over, you can access free NHS talking therapies services for anxiety and depression.

A GP can refer you, or you can refer yourself directly without a referral.

NHS talking therapies services offer:

  • talking therapies, such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), counselling, other therapies, and guided self-help

  • help for common mental health problems, like anxiety and depression

    The NHS is free if you are ordinarily resident in the UK.

NHS Talking Therapies

Seeking Employment as an Autistic Adult 🔗

This resource has been designed and developed by autistic people, for autistic people who are looking to find employment.

This resource has been designed and developed by autistic people, for autistic people who are looking to find employment.

This course will take you through each step of the job finding journey. Starting with exploring your strengths, and gradually moving through to suggesting strategies to make your first week at work a success. This resource is designed for people currently not in work or looking to change careers. If you already in work, you may still find some topics in the module useful to access.

Seeking Employment as an Autistic Adult

Working on your English 🔗

To join the Code Your Future Software Development Course you need a B2 level of English.

To join the Code Your Future Software Development Course you need a B2 level of English. 

If your English level is not high enough yet, don’t give up. We will welcome you when you are ready. There are free videos and courses to help you learn more English.

Get started with English Speaking and Listening.

Working on your English

Report Hate Crime 🔗

What do I do if I'm being racially abused?

Racial abuse is a crime in the UK. Call the police.

Report Hate Crime

Help for Suicidal Thoughts 🔗

What to do about feeling suicidal.

If you’re feeling like you want to die, it’s important to tell someone.

Help and support is available right now if you need it. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Help for Suicidal Thoughts

Qwell 🔗

Free, safe and anonymous mental wellbeing support for adults

Qwell is an anonymous site which helps people to feel safe and confident in exploring their concerns and seeking professional support.

All counsellors are BACP, UKCP or NCS registered or accredited.


Young Women's Trust 🔗

Free career coaching for women 18-30

Work It Out is a free service for women aged 18-30, here to help you make the first step towards feeling more confident and ready for work.

You can choose to sign up for coaching, or help with your CV and job applications, or both. There’s nothing to pay, it’s totally free. You can have up to 6 free coaching sessions over the phone, WhatsApp or email at a time that works for  you. A translation service is available for coaching calls.

Trans women and non-binary people are welcomed.

Young Women's Trust

Freedom Programme 🔗

Freedom Programme is a domestic violence programme

The Freedom Programme examines the roles played by attitudes and beliefs on the actions of abusive men and the responses of victims and survivors. The aim is to make sense of and understand what has happened, instead of the whole experience just feeling like a horrible mess.

It is available online and in person in all UK cities. Search for one near you.

Freedom Programme

Maximus 🔗

Access to Work Mental Health Support Service

This service accepts self referrals.

To be eligible for this service, you must:

  1. Be in permanent or temporary employment.
  2. Have a mental health condition (diagnosed or undiagnosed) that has resulted in workplace absence or is causing difficulties to remain in work.


Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service

Acas gives employees and employers free, impartial advice on workplace rights, rules and best practice. It also offers training and help to resolve disputes.


Refugees At Home 🔗

Refugees at Home matches people who have a spare room with refugees and asylum seekers in need of temporary accommodation.

People who have refugee status and a good standard of English can refer themselves for accommodation.  We also offer the self-referral process for those arriving through the Homes for Ukraine scheme. 

They will need to provide details of two people who can vouch for them. These need to be people who we have known the prospective guest while they have been in the UK and who know the guest well enough to be able to answer questions about who they are and what their plans are. Hosts may ask to speak to them.

(CYF will vouch for CYF trainees and grads. Email us about this.)

This service is for:

  1. People who have been granted refugee status and get a 28 day move on order.
  2. Asylum seekers waiting for NASS housing.
  3. Refused and destitute asylum seekers.
Refugees At Home

National Domestic Abuse Helpline 🔗

The Helpline can help you find a refuge vacancy for you and your children

Contact the National Domestic Abuse Helpline

Phone, live chat, and BSL interpreter. Accessing refuge and other services

The Helpline can help you find a refuge vacancy for you and your children; call us for more information.

The helpline can also support you to find other specialist services in your community, which can provide support whether or not you have left your partner.

National Domestic Abuse Helpline

Respect, Men's Advice Line 🔗

The Helpline for male victims of domestic abuse

We’re here to support men experiencing domestic abuse. If you want to talk to someone, you can speak to our friendly and professional advisors on the phone, by email or on webchat. No pressure, no judgement, just help.

It’s okay to talk

Telephone support: 0808 8010327Email support :

Mon-Fri 10am-5pm

Respect, Men's Advice Line

Birmingham Homelessness Team 🔗

I need accommodation now.

Homelessness services in Birmingham are available 24/7 over the telephone.

Monday to Friday, 10am to 5pm: 0121 303 7410. Select option 3

All other times: 0121 303 2296

Birmingham Homelessness Team

Streetlink UK 🔗

Connecting people sleeping rough to local services

StreetLink is a website, mobile app and phone service for England and Wales, which enables people to send an alert when they see someone sleeping rough to connect that person to local support services that can help to end their homelessness. 

StreetLink itself is not an outreach service or an accommodation provider, nor is it an emergency service. It is the link between someone sleeping rough and the independent local services available. Self referrals are accepted.

StreetLink is not an emergency service. If you think someone needs urgent medical attention, please call 999.

Streetlink UK

Freedom From Torture 🔗

Trauma-focused therapy and practical help for survivors of torture.

Freedom From Torture provide therapy and support for survivors of torture in the UK. They accept referrals and self-referrals. Referral form.

From their site:

We offer trauma-focused therapy to help with the effects of torture. This can include symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder such as nightmares and flashbacks. We can also help with complex trauma, depression and other mental health needs.

We offer further services to help our clients recover from their experiences and rebuild their lives. These can include creative group activities like music and gardening, social groups and physical therapy.

For our clients who are seeking asylum, we also offer practical advice. For example, information about accessing housing and healthcare.

Freedom From Torture

NHS Mental Health Crisis 🔗

Where to get urgent help for mental health

NHS urgent mental health helplines are for people of all ages in England.

You can call for:

  • 24-hour advice and support for you, your child, your parent or someone you care for
  • help speaking to a mental health professional
  • an assessment to find the right care for you


You may need urgent help for many reasons.

The important thing to know is you will not be wasting anyone’s time.

NHS Mental Health Crisis